Service type: Support groups
Phone number: 01736 710678
The Group is a voluntary, independent body comprised of members whose experience of cancer brings them together.
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Cancer Patient and Carer Group believe that patient involvement is central to cancer treatment and service developments and they support and endorse the principles and aims of a patient led NHS.
Our role is to represent the interests of all cancer patients, carers and families in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who are, or have been affected by cancer.
We promote, support and assist in the development of patient centered health care within the local community.
We work in partnership with the healthcare professionals to influence cancer policy and services and to ensure the patient and carer perspective is integral to all aspects of cancer service developments throughout Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- To represent local cancer patients and their carers.
- To provide effective links and communication between cancer patients, carers, doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- To identify local issues with regard to the standard and quality of care delivered to cancer patients, carers and their families.
- To give patients the opportunity to discuss from the patient perspective, any change in service that requires Overview and Scrutiny Committee sign off.
- To develop and strengthen links and joint working with other cancer groups and support groups in Cornwall.
Members come from across the local community and may include patients, ex-patients, carers and family members who have had experience of cancer care and treatment.
A Chair and Deputy Chair are elected by the members.
Meetings of the group are held on a 6 weekly basis and last approximately 3 hours.
Please be aware that the group cannot investigate individual complaints about cancer care. These should be directed via Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
If you would like to be involved with our group or have ideas to share with us, please get in touch.
Telephone: Anna Burton (Chair) on 01736 710678 or Richard Sidney (Deputy Chair) on 01209 821575