Service type: Support groups
Phone number: 01872 323535
Kernow Carers Service (KCS) provides information, guidance and support to help you in your caring role. This could include:
- information via the referral line or a carer support worker
- advocacy and advice about caring and the carers assessment
- details about benefits and the services which assist with filling in forms
- social opportunities with other carers
- helping you plan for the future
- feedback opportunities eg forums.
In addition to this, KCS organises school/college groups and activities for young and young adult carers.
It supports all informal and unpaid carers in Cornwall of any age.
Anyone can refer to this service, both self-referrals and professional referrals are accepted.
- young carers (under the age of 18)
- young adult carers (aged 16 to 25)
- adult carers (aged over 25 years)
If you are under the age of 16, please call the team for information over the phone, however, if you would like to speak with and/or meet a carer support worker, you will need to have permission from your parent/carer.
Freephone: 0800 587 8191
Landline: 01872 323535
Text: 60030 starting with the word FIS