The browser you are using is no longer supported. Please switch to Edge or Chrome

GP or dentist

If you have coronavirus symptoms and need medical help for any reason, do not go to a GP or dentist, pharmacy or hospital. If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste), contact NHS 111 online.
Get information
GP services

GP services

Practices in Cornwall are still open. They are just working in new and different ways to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak. They are offering secure telephone and online and video consultations to help keep patients safe at a time of social distancing. Face to face appointments are available if needed.

If you need to see a GP, contact your practice using their website or by phone.

Are you on holiday in Cornwall and need to see a doctor? Please contact your own GP practice. Practices up and down the country are offering video appointments which means they can see patients safely and quickly.

If you need to see a GP outside of normal opening hours, contact NHS 111 online or call NHS 111.

Help with prescriptions during COVID-19

Please order your prescriptions from your GP as normal, either electronically or via telephone. There is no need to stockpile. You can also order repeat prescriptions using the NHS App.

Volunteer Cornwall can help with collecting medical prescriptions. Call 01872 266988 or email the request for help team.

If you have a complex need or medical question, contact the Government’s helpline on 0800 028 8327 or your GP.

Dental services

Dental services

NHS England commissions dental services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. For more information, call 0300 311 2233 or email NHS England.

Dentist practices are open but may be prioritising the vulnerable or those with the most urgent need. Get in your touch with your practice by phone or email if you need advice or an appointment.

People who do not have a dentist should call Cornwall’s emergency dental service on 0333 405 0290 or email Smile Together.

If you need to see a dentist outside of normal opening hours, use the NHS 111 online service or call 111.

Google Translate

Text Size

Change font