The browser you are using is no longer supported. Please switch to Edge or Chrome

Minor injury units

If you have coronavirus symptoms and need medical help for any reason, do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Please use the 111 coronavirus service if you have symptoms of coronavirus.
If you need to visit a minor injury unit, please do not just turn up. You may be directed elsewhere or have to wait longer. Contact NHS 111 online or call 111 at any time of day or night. The team can find out where and when you should go and check minor injury unit opening times.

This is so we can make sure everyone stays as safe as possible during the pandemic. It will help the NHS manage the flow of patients when capacity in waiting rooms is much smaller than before, to maintain distancing and reduce the risk of infection.

It means you will get the right treatment, more quickly and probably closer to home as well.

And if you’re a visitor to Cornwall, you don’t need to look up details of NHS services if you need urgent treatment, you can also contact NHS 111.

Arrangements have not changed for people with serious or life-threatening illnesses or injuries. Please continue to dial 999 as before.

What injuries can a minor injury unit treat?

Minor injury units can treat a range of conditions which have occurred during the previous 14 days. These include:

  • sprains and strains
  • broken bones
  • minor burns and scalds
  • head injuries (but not if someone is unconscious)
  • insect and animal bites and stings
  • minor eye injuries
  • cuts, bruising and grazes

X-ray is available at some of our minor injury units.

Google Translate

Text Size

Change font