We are committed to being an open and honest organisation. We aim to foster a spirit of candour and a culture of humility, openness and honesty.
It is our expectation that all employees working for us will foster this culture and that they will acknowledge, apologise and explain when things go wrong.
NHS Kernow demonstrates this commitment in the following ways:
- our Governing Body is held in public with papers published on the website. Questions from the public are invited and responded to as part of the meeting.
- in all committee meetings members are asked to state any declarations of interest
- involve members of the community as part of our decision making processes through public engagement and publish information on engagement activity on our website
- when we make mistakes, we are open and honest about them with those involved
- we ensure that when a serious incident occurs a thorough investigation is conducted and we reassure individuals that lessons learned will help prevent re-occurrences
- we appreciate the importance of resolving complaints in a timely manner and aim to respond within 25 working days whenever possible
Any concerns regarding our duty of candour should be raised with the complaints team. They will be able to discuss the issues you have. Find out how to make a complaint.