We are committed to being an open and honest organisation. We aim to foster a spirit of candour and a culture of humility, openness and honesty.
It is our expectation that all employees working for us will foster this culture of working and communicating in an open and transparent manner and that they will acknowledge, apologise and explain when things go wrong.
NHS Kernow demonstrates this commitment in the following ways:
- Our Governing Body is held in public with papers published on the website. Questions from the public are invited and responded to as part of the meeting. Find out more about our Governing Body meetings.
- In all committee meetings members are asked to state any declarations of interest.
- When we make mistakes, we are open and honest about them with those involved.
- We aim to involve members of the community as part of our decision making processes through public engagement and publish the summaries of our engagement activity on our website.
- We ensure that when a serious incident occurs a thorough investigation it is conducted and reassure individuals that lessons learned will help prevent reoccurrence of the incident.
- We appreciate the importance of resolving complaints in a timely manner and aim to respond within 25 working days whenever possible.
Any concerns regarding our duty of candour should be raised with the complaints team who will be able to discuss the issues you have. Find out more about how to make a complaint.