Public sector equality duty compliance
Setting and publishing equality information is part of NHS Kernow's compliance with the Equality Act (2010) and the Clinical Commissioning Group's demonstration of meeting the Public Sector Equality Duty.
NHS Kernow's overarching equality objectives are as follows:
- Changes across services are informed by engagement of patients, professionals and local communities, and transitions are made smoothly;
- Embed the principles of the Accessible Information Standard 2015 (section 250 of Health and Social Care Act 2010);
- Staff receive equal pay for work of equal value; and
- Staff are free from abuse, harassment, bullying, violence from both patients and their relatives and colleagues with redress being available and fair for all.
Employer and equality and diversity awards
NHS Kernow has been awarded:
- Department for Work and Pensions Disability Confident Accreditation, awarded June 2015;
- NHS Employers Equality and Diversity Partner status, 2012/13 and 2013/14; and
- Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) Silver Standard Award for Tracking Diversity Performance, May 2013.