Public sector equality duty compliance
Setting and publishing equality information is part of NHS Kernow's compliance with the Equality Act (2010) and the Clinical Commissioning Group's demonstration of meeting the Public Sector Equality Duty.
NHS Kernow's overarching equality objectives are as follows:
- To ensure public facing information and communications is accessible, easily understood and available in a variety of formats, enabling better knowledge, improving outcomes, and supporting choice.
- To develop ways of monitoring complaints and feedback received by people from different protected groups so that trends and patterns can be identified and actions taken to improve the system when issues arise, and deliver a better service for patients.
- To improve the (protected characteristic) under representation in the workforce, and develop ways to support staff from different protected groups.
- To increase the capability of middle and line managers to support and motivate staff to work in culturally competent ways through a learning and development programme.
NHS Kernow employer and equality and diversity awards
NHS Kernow has been awarded:
- Jobcentre Plus Disability Symbol Accreditation, awarded June 2015
- NHS Employers Equality and Diversity Partner status, 2012-13 and 2013-14
- Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) Silver Standard Award for Tracking Diversity Performance, May 2013