- Provide advice support to all health professionals.
- Undertake medicals for children who are identified as a risk.
- Working with partner agencies to ensure children and young people are safe and protected from abuse.
- Develop and oversee training and ensure frontline practitioners are aware and work to the latest legislation and local national procedures.
- Undertake strategic planning of services to improve outcomes for children.
- Advise the local safeguarding children’s partnership of health related issues.
Looked after children
NHS Kernow has a responsibility to ensure that all ‘looked after children’ resident in Cornwall and Cornish children placed out of area have timely access to appropriate health care.
Designated professionals for safeguarding can be contacted on 01726 627971.
To request a health assessment for a child placed into Cornwall, please call 01872 254523 or email rch-tr.Cornwallchildrenincarehealthteam@nhs.net.
External agencies useful contacts
NHS Kernow safeguarding guidelines and policies