Involving patients, families and carers in the development of healthcare services helps ensure that we commission the right services to meet the needs of local people.
NHS Kernow gathers feedback from the public through various engagement opportunities, including public events, questionnaires and consultations.
When we have an active consultation we will provide information about it here. We will tell you what the issue is, provide information about the issue and tell you how you can become involved.
For more information on our services review, click here.
Telehealth service consultation
NHS Kernow are undertaking this consultation as we have listened to the concerns that some people have expressed about our decision in November 2016 to stop the Telehealth service. Anyone who is using the service at the moment will continue to receive the monitoring support offered from the service whilst we consider this matter. The results of this consultation will help inform our decision on the future commissioning of the Telehealth service, which we will make in December 2017. This may lead to the Telehealth service no longer being provided and could lead to additional or alternative services being made available.
All responses must be submitted by Wednesday 1 November 2017.
You can also attend one of the following focus groups. Due to the capacity of each venue, please could you tell us which event you would like to attend. Please book your place by either calling Melissa Orchard on 01209 832426 or email Melissa.Orchard@nhs.net.
- Tuesday 24 October 2017 - 10 to 11.30am - Room 302, St John’s Hall, Penalverne Drive, Penzance TR18 2QZ
- Tuesday 24 October 2017 - 2.30 to 4pm - Cuddra Village Hall, Bucklers Lane, Saint Austell PL25 3LW
- Thursday 26 October 2017 - 10 to 11.30am - Room 1, The Betjeman Centre, Wadebridge, PL27 7BX
- Thursday 26 October 2017 - 2.30 to 4pm - The Long Room, Public Hall, 3-5 West St, Liskeard, PL14 6BW.
Telehealth service staff consultation
To help NHS Kernow review its decision to stop funding the Telehealth service, and to understand what support people require for their on-going health monitoring needs if the service was no longer available, we would like to offer health and care staff the opportunity to share their views by completing this online survey.
We have also arranged four drop in sessions for health and care staff to meet with us to share their views.
- Monday 2 October 2017 - 2pm to 5.30pm - Meeting room one, Peninsula House, Kingsmill Road, Saltash PL12 6LE
- Tuesday, 3 October 2017 - 8am to 1pm, Trevithick Room, Sedgemoor Centre, Priory Road, St Austell PL25 5AS
- Wednesday 4 October - 2pm to 6pm - Fraddon Village Hall, Fraddon, TR9 6NT
- Thursday 5 October - 12pm to 6pm - Marazion Community Centre, Gwallon Lane, Marazion TR17 0HW