Here you can find information for young people and information about young people's services.
Savvy Kernow is a countywide service for young people, addressing problems which stop young people from accessing the services they need. This project aims to change the culture of service delivery, empower young people to develop a sense of trust and ownership, leading to informed, responsible, and appropriate decision making.
- They will respect young people's rights to confidentiality whatever their age and will clearly explain their confidentiality policy.
- Even if they cannot help the young person they will still treat their enquiry confidentially.
- There will be at least one member of staff who has a special interest in young people's health.
- They understand that young people want to use the service when the times are best for them.
- They understand that young people may not want to wait in a crowded waiting room with everyone else from the town/ village.
- Young People can get up to date information about the health matters that concern them.
- They want to know what young people think about them, and how young people feel they could improve their service.
- If they cannot help they will be able to help young people find someone who can.
Are you looking for information about contraception, pregnancy, support, sexually transmitted infections, and relationships?
Brook for Young People provides information and advice on a range of issues around sexual health. The service is free, confidential, and aimed at young people aged under 25 years. The main number for Brook in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly is 01209 710088.
Find out about Cornwall Council's work around teenage pregnancy. This page contains links to local information, including the C-Card scheme and other places where you can get the information and advice you need.