You can access the new Savvy Kernow website at www.savvykernow.org.uk.
In Summer 2015, EEFO became Savvy Kernow as part of a process of refreshing / rebranding Young People Friendly Services for Cornwall to ensure we continue to offer young people and services throughout Cornwall the best possible support.
What is Savvy Kernow?
Savvy Kernow is a countywide service for young people, addressing problems which stop young people from accessing the services they need. This project aims to change the culture of service delivery, empower young people to develop a sense of trust and ownership, leading to informed, responsible, and appropriate decision making.
The Savvy Kernow logo means young-people friendly services. This means that whenever a young person sees the Savvy Kernow logo, they know they can expect a certain standard of service that has been tailored to their needs.
Any service that has been Savvy Kernow Approved promises young people that:
- They will respect young people's rights to confidentiality whatever their age and will clearly explain their confidentiality policy.
- Even if they cannot help the young person they will still treat their enquiry confidentially.
- There will be at least one member of staff who has a special interest in young people's health.
- They understand that young people want to use the service when the times are best for them.
- They understand that young people may not want to wait in a crowded waiting room with everyone else from the town/ village.
- Young People can get up to date information about the health matters that concern them.
- They want to know what young people think about them, and how young people feel they could improve their service.
- If they cannot help they will be able to help young people find someone who can.
The Savvy Kernow website
The Savvy Kernow website is aimed at 13-19 year olds living in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It is also used by professionals from across the county looking for particular support services for young people. The site offers a comprehensive, fully searchable directory of Savvy Kernow Approved services including services offering the C-Card (Condom Card) scheme for 13–25 year olds which can be searched for by location, by keyword or by alphabetical listing. It also provides a lot of useful advice and information on a wide range of issues young people face during everyday life. The new site will be written by young people themselves.
Twitter / Facebook
Young people, services and partners can keep up-to-date with Savvy Kernow via social media:
How is the service evaluated?
As part of the Savvy Kernow programme's commitment to continuous service improvement, regular evaluations of Savvy Kernow Approved Services take place and are carried out in partnership with young people.