Care homes

NHS Kernow does not provide an infection prevention service to local care homes.

This page is intended to gather some useful resources. Additional advice can be accessed by phone or email and visits can sometimes be arranged under special circumstances but this is not routine.

Care homes are required to register with the Care Quality Commission and declare compliance with various standards.

The standard that relates to infection prevention and control comes from the Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance, a document that is commonly referred to as the hygiene code.

Outbreak control guidelines