It can often help to talk about your condition with others, especially when first diagnosed. There are a number of local groups that provide support and meet on a regular basis.
- Oakhampton - held on Wednesdays 11.45am - 12.45pm at OCRA Pavilion Okehampton, College Mill Road, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1PW. Call Lynne Rogers on 07827 787867 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Penryn - see website for classes. For more information call Steve Winnan on 07908 334832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pulmonary fibrosis groups
- Exeter - Held every four months at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital,EX2 5DW. Call Sarah Lines on 01392 406253 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Hayle - Held on Fridays 2pm - 4pm (term time) at Townshend Village Hall TR27 6AG. Call Pip Wright on 01736 763766 or Chris Moore on 01736 740 833 for more information.
- Liskeard - Held on Fridays 10.30am - 12pm at Liskerrett Centre, Liskeard PL14 4AP. Call Emily Foulkes on 07702 675397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Falmouth: Breathe Falmouth Club is an exercise club for people with breathing problems and the effects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD). The group meets every Thursday morning at Penryn Rugby Football Club, Kernick Road; 10am to 12 noon. The club's exercises follow the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme from your local hospital and a private chartered physiotherapist visits the club regularly to ensure the quality of the exercise sessions. If you are interested in joining the club visit their website, email Bob Hodges or call 01326 315165.
- Helston - Meet every Thursday 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Helston Athletic Football Club, Kellaway Park Clodgey Lane TR13 8PJ.
- North Devon - Call 0300 003 0555 for more information. Held at Marlborough Court (Common Room), Park Lane, Bideford EX39 2QN.
Contact Karen Dawking on 01726 818881 for more information or visit www.edenproject.com/eden-story/our-ethos/healthy-walking-group.
- Liskeard and South East Cornwall Breathers: The group is a non-profitmaking group that was set up in 2006 by a group of patients with COPD after completing an NHS rehabilitation course. You can find out more about the group here.
- Newquay Breather’s Group: Contact Paddy on 01637 874228 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Mabe (Kernow Huffa Puffas): Meet on Thursdays 10am to 12pm at Mabe Community Hall, Cunningham Park, Mabe, TR10 9HB, Contact Trish on 01326 375238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Frances on 01326 612047.
- Saltash Breather’s Group: Held on Tuesday, 1:30pm - 3pm at SHADO Centre PL12 6DJ. Call Christine Phillips on 01752 844402 for more information.
- St Ives Wheezer’s Group: Contact Jean Lea on 01736 794097 / 01736 756729 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Torpoint Breather’s Group: Contact Pat Tivnan on 01752 813613 for more information.